Welcome to the ceilidh collective in lockdown!
Sat 30 May 2020
our first live online ceilidh
live from 7.30-9.30pm
(this will not be recorded so join us to see it!)
Expect to see some familiar ceilidh collective faces and new. It will be a virtual version of a traditional sharing ceilidh with people across Portobello, Edinburgh and Scotland performing live from their living rooms.
You can come for FREE by going to our Facebook event page and tell us you're coming. The Facebook Live link will be posted here as we go live... You don't have to have a Facebook account to watch a Facebook Live event but if you do, then you can comment/like/engage with other viewers.
Reserve your space, find out more and make a donation and even get hold of some raffle tickets through our Crowdfunder here.
Bring your own snacks and drinks - I'm afraid the bar is virtual this time!
Dates for your diary:
- POSTPONED due to COVID-19 Fri 20 March 2020 - Mayfield House Ceilidh @ Mayfield Community Club for Garvald Edinburgh with Cosmic Ceilidh Band
- CANCELLED due to COVID-19 Sat 2 May 2020 - Climate Ceilidh for Friends of the Earth Scotland @ Greyfriars with Hud Yer Wheesht Those who bought tickets are welcome to their money back or it will be donated to Friends of the Earth Scotland
- ONLINE due to COVID-19 Sat 30 May 2020 - Quaker Cabaret Ceilidh @ ZOOM for Aid & Abet and Quaker Wiston Weekend
- CANCELLED due to COVID-19 Sat 6 June 2020 - Global Justice Now Ceilidh @ King's Hall
- TENTATIVE due to COVID-19 Sat 24 October 2020 - COP26 Ceilidh @ Greyfriars with Hud Yer Wheesht
- HOPEFULLY due to COVID-19 Sat 1 May 2021 - May Ceilidh @ Greyfriars
Join our mailing list...
To keep you informed of the events we run (and those associated with us) we send out up to two emails per event.
To get on the mailing list please just add your email address in the box below. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of each email.
Follow us on Facebook...
Share of ceilidh proceeds to beneficiaries the past few ceilidhs were as follows:
See details of our our recent events here.
If you'd like to volunteer to make sure they all happen head here and help us make it so! Four hours work on the night in exchange for hot food, a drink and free entry to the ceilidh. Best ceilidh deal in town!
As soon as tickets are made available you can buy tickets for the next ceilidh collective events from Brown Paper Tickets.
Alternatively, and avoiding booking fees, you can pop along to the wonderful people at New Leaf Co-op on Argyle Place, Edinburgh. They provide an amazing box office service in exchange for five tickets per ceilidh from us. In their words they are "Edinburgh's local, unpackaged, scoop your own, nut-grinding, organic, worker-run co-operative putting affordable local, ethical food first". They are more than well worth supporting and using. You can't get more right-on and what a treat to speak to people who really know a lot about food, their suppliers and the local area!